Beginning June 3, 2022, our office will no longer be processing passports on Friday.
The Clinton Township Clerk’s office accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. As a certified application acceptance agency, the Clerk’s staff is required to be trained and certified, and sends applications and materials to the U.S. Department of State’s office for processing.
How to Apply
U.S. Citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports on a walk-in basis, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm at:
Clinton Township Clerk’s Office
40700 Romeo Plank Road
Clinton Township, MI 48038
Applications are available at the Township Clerk’s office, or you can access an online application form.
Applicants are required to bring the following items with them:
- Completed passport application (fillable with black ink only)
- Original proof of citizenship document (birth certificate, naturalization certificate)
- Government issued photo identification
- Passport Photos available for $10.00 each.
- One personal check, money order, or cashier's check for the payment of the Passport Fee (see details below).
Fees & Payments
There are two forms of payment required when applying for a U.S. Passport.
- Personal Checks or Money Orders are made out to the U.S. Department of State. Passport Fees vary depending on the service you are requesting. For a complete list of fees and services, go to travel.state.gov.
- Cash or Credit Cards are used to pay an Application Fee of $35.
An additional convenience fee of 2.8% or $1.50 (minimum) will be charged if using debit or credit.